You may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom if you are related to a person present and settled here under one of the following circumstances:
- Parent aged 18 or over;
- Brother of sister over the age of 18 or over; or
- Son or daughter aged 18 or over of a person ("the sponsor") who is in the UK
If you are the sponsor's parent or grandparent you must not be in a subsisting relationship with a partner unless that partner is also the sponsor's parent or grandparent and is applying for entry clearance at the same time as you.
What are the requirements for a Dependant Relative Visa?
In order to qualify under this category, you must meet the following requirements:
The sponsor must at the date of the application be aged 18 years or over; and be:
- A British Citizen in the UK; or
- Present and settled in the UK; or
- In the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.
- You or your partner as a result of age, illness or disability requires long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks.
The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.
Your sponsor can show that he or she is able to provide adequate maintenance, accommodation and care for you without having to rely on public funds. Your sponsor will need to sign a sponsorship undertaking form to confirm that they will be responsible for your care without relying on public funds for a period of at least 5 years.
Call us now on 0121 777 7715
The Benefits of securing a Dependent Relative Visa:
- You will enjoy the ability to live and work in the UK with your loved ones
- If your application is successful, you will be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter the UK
- You will be free to travel in and out of the UK as you will be free from immigration control
- If you are away from the UK for 2 years or more continuously your indefinite leave to remain is likely to lapse.
Benefits of Choosing UK Migration Lawyers:
- Extremely high success rate in these type's of cases
- Fixed fees so you stay in control
- Direct access to qualified solicitors - with in-depth experience
- Specialist solicitors who can get the application right the first time
- Succeeded in complex cases where others have failed
- Helped scores of individuals & families switch or extend their status in such categories in the UK, many of whom go on to become settled.
- Wealth of experience and knowledge as to the best way forward for you and your family.
- Consultation with a specialist solicitor to assess your eligibility, avoid disappointment and wasted fees
If you need legal advice regarding children, dependents and immigration, call us now on 0121 777 7715
Our team is dedicated to your successful UK Visa application and we make this commitment to all our clients:
- Our initial free visa assessment means we select the right visa for you
- Out team will guide you through the evidence and paperwork needed for your application
- We will fully complete your application form and collate all necessary documentation
- We will submit your application, documentation and evidence on time and on your behalf
- We will liaise with the Home Office regularly to check that your application is progressing
- We make our team available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
There is no better time to find out how we can help you so why not call us on 0121 777 7715 or use our UK Immigration Contact Form.